When trying to find us, use the map, not our post code.
Most GPS systems have the wrong location.
Beauly Holiday Park is located alonside the river Beauly 1 mile South of Beauly and 10 miles west of Inverness on the A862.
Beauly is truly in the heart of the Scottish Highlands. From Beauly there are many great places to visit on both the west coast and east coast within 1hrs drive.
There have been settlements in the Beauly area since around 2000BC and there are remains of several crannogs in the nearby Beauly firth. The modern history of Beauly starts around 1230 when the Priory was founded by French Valliscaulian monks who named it ‘Beau Lieu’, meaning beautiful place. Mary Queen of Scots remarked on this when she stayed there in 1564.
Beauly is steeped in clan history with the Chisholms, Mackenzies and most notably the Frasers of Lovat all having lands surrounding Beauly.
Up until the early 1980’s, the road running through Beauly was part of the A9 and was the main route north until the Kessock Bridge opened.
Adjacent to Beauly Holiday Park is the Lovat Bridge. This was built by the famous engineer Thomas Telford in 1814. Thomas Telford also built the nearby Caledonian Canal as well as many of the small churches in the area such as the nearby Eskdale church.